1/10/2018 7:49:31 AM

    Mt. Brydges fire. On Tuesday just before 7am, Strathroy-Caradoc Fire Department, Mt. Brydges Fire, Melbourne Fire and Strathroy-Caradoc Police responded to a call for a house fire on Helen Street in Mt. Brydges. Six people were able to make it out of the house without injury. The residents were alerted by working smoke detectors. Unfortunately several small pets did not survive the fire. Our Volunteer fire departments did an excellent job of knocking down the fire containing it to the first floor. Heavy smoke damage was through out the house and the damage estimate is approximately $280,000 for the structure and another $100,000 for the contents. The Middlesex County fire inspector also responded to the scene and determined that the fire was accidental in nature and caused by a faulty electrical cord. This is another example where working smoke alarms save lives. The Strathroy-Caradoc Fire Department reminds people to ensure their smoke detectors are working properly.

WebReadyTM Powered by WireReady® NSI  |  © Copyright 2008-2011 My Broadcasting Corporation

Back to News


Copyright 2013 All rights reserved.

This site powered by PromoSuite Interactive